Friday, March 18, 2011

Long-Term Care Insurance and Home Health Care San Antonio

LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE AND HOME HEALTH CARE IN SAN ANTONIO

Long-term Care Insurance can be a safety net to help individuals stay at home in San Antonio and to safe guard assets. When you purchase long term care you can choose coverage for a nursing home and/or a home health care policy.

Considerations in choosing a long-term care policy for home health care or nursing home

• Choosing an elimination period
The elimination period is the actual number of days of care that you have to receive before the policy will start paying. The premium of the policy is higher with less elimination days. A consideration is how much are you willing to pay out of pocket for home health care versus the monthly amount you are willing to pay for the premium.
• Selecting a home care policy with a daily, weekly or monthly maximum amount the policy will pay for care.
The advantage to having a weekly or monthly maximum versus a daily maximum is that if you have more hours of care on one day than another the policy may pay more in total for the same number of hours in a week or a month. This is important when the care is provided at home and care may be more sporadic.
• Selecting amount of coverage daily, weekly or monthly and inflation rider.
The amount selected may be less for a younger person if an inflation rider is included. An annual inflation rider is either simple or compounded. An inflation rider increases the daily amount, usually by 5% or 7%. This is an important consideration as the cost of care continues to rise.
All long term care policies require the individual to need at least 2 activities of daily living whether receiving care at home or in a facility.

These include:
“Bathing” – Washing oneself by sponge bath; or in either a tub or a shower, including getting into or out of the tub or shower.
“Continence” – the ability to maintain control of bowel and bladder function; or, when unable to maintain control of bowel or bladder function, the ability to perform associated personal hygiene (including caring for a catheter or colostomy bag).
“Dressing” – putting on and taking off all items of clothing and any necessary braces, fasteners or artificial limbs.
“Eating” – feeding oneself by getting food into the body from a table, a plate, cup or other receptacle or by a feeding tube or intravenously.
“Toileting” – getting to and from the toilet, getting on and off the toilet, and performing associated personal hygiene.
“Transferring” – sufficient mobility to move into or out of a bed, chair or wheelchair or to move from place to place, either via walking, a wheelchair or other means.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.


    Home Health Care in New York NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder care CNY proud to be the Syracuse’s leading provider of non-medical senior home care services. Our highly trained and competent caregivers provide in-home care, respite care, senior personal care, elderly care, companion care, and elder care services. Over dedicated caregivers provide your family with peace of mind and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The seniors housing real estate group help clients with new development, assisted and independent living, LTC, seniors lifestyle rental apartments and condominium lifestyle communities in Canada, Ontario. Over the years, we have become a reputed source for providing a complete range of real estate services such as, asset disposition, acquisition and consulting services.

    ReplyDelete

  4. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come' out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whatsApp him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS, CANCER HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have applied for a job here today,but i hate to say this i left feeling like o was discriminated against,i will not say on here what happend,but i would like for the owners to call me in to talk with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Judy Valdez,Noyt an Unkown.i am the one with the discrimination complaint.210 2699851.nov 18 2019.

      Delete
  6. n95 mask I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.
    home care assistance

    ReplyDelete